The Relationship Banker's primary goal is to help customers by discovering financial needs, helping with problem resolutions, and processing transactions when needed. The Relationship Banker is responsible for performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. As a Relationship Banker, you will also have the opportunity to assist our customers by handling teller transactions accurately and efficiently during peak service times. You will partner with the branch team and specialists (such as Loan Officers, Business Bankers, and Financial Advisors), to ensure our customers get access to experts who can help them with specialized financial needs.
DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explaining, promoting and selling all products and services to current and prospective customers.
- Effectively utilizing sales, customer profiling and customer service skills to make significant contributions towards meeting branch goals.
- Providing exceptional service that is consistent with or exceeds bank standards of excellence in customer service.
- Opening, maintaining and closing all types of transactions and deposit accounts.
- Facilitating the lending process with customers; documentation, interviewing and closing.
- Cross-selling all products associated with loan products, credit life and disability insurance and GAP coverage.
- Resolving customer issues in a timely, consistent and professional manner.
- Actively promoting and contributing to the achievement of branch organizational and developmental goals.
- Developing a well-rounded knowledge of all bank departments and knowing how and when to refer members to internal business partners.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or High school degree/GED or foreign equivalent.
- Minimum one year retail sales or customer service experience - in person or over the phone required, or if college degree, then demonstrated leadership or goal achievement in related school activities or internships.
- Cash handling experience, preferred.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the customer.
- Excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills.
- Understands how to present features, and benefits of products and services to customers with differing needs.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a team environment to service customers.
- Professional, thorough and organized; able to follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and accurately; explain concepts clearly to customers.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings.
Location: Lockhart, Texas
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The foregoing list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not intended as an exclusive enumeration, those listed being for the purpose of illustration and not intended by way of limitation. Management reserves the right to revise the Job Description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change. (For Example: emergencies, change in personnel, workload or technical development.)
Process deposits, transfers, withdrawals and other transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures; must be continuously beware of fraud loss and check cashing guidelines as well as all security and transaction documentation requirements. Also responsible for the security of assigned cash which must be maintained and balanced within established guidelines. Assist with selling of bank products to new and existing customers.
DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process all transactions within established policies and procedures to ensure operation excellence.
- Balances cash drawer according to bank procedures on a daily basis.
- Process cash advance transactions daily.
- Close out deposits made with MasterCard/Visa sales daily.
- Safeguard cash, confidential customer information, and bank assets.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and refer sales to the appropriate departments.
- Cooperate with co-workers to complete assignments in a timely manner as needed.
- Process miscellaneous mail-in deposits, payroll rosters.
- Process night deposit bags under dual control.
- Assist in commercial deposits as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers of the bank and assist with printouts, inquiries, check orders, and other directions as needed.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by management.
- Abides by First-Lockhart National Bank policies and procedures, including dress code standards, safety guidelines, security procedures, etc.
- Requires the ability to read, understand and write the English language.
- Requires the ability to speak and hear the English language.
- Requires the ability to perform arithmetical calculations in order to complete customer transactions.
- Requires the ability to use teller terminal, computers, printers, calculators, currency and coin equipment, fax machine, and copier to perform the job.
- Requires the ability to be mobile approximately 2 hours per workday.
- Requires the ability to stand 7 hours per workday.
- Requires the ability to bend/squat frequently in the scope of performing the job.
- Requires the ability to transport up to 25lbs of boxed coins.
- Requires sufficient visual acuity to perform the job.
- Requires the ability to use hands frequently for fine manipulation of equipment and materials such as keyboard, paper and currency.
- Requires the ability to possess mental demands, precisions and accuracy.
- Requires the ability to possess public relations and communication skills in dealing with Bank customers.
Location: Austin, Texas
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The foregoing list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not intended as an exclusive enumeration, those listed being for the purpose of illustration and not intended by way of limitation. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change. (For Example: emergencies change in personnel, workload or technical development.)