PART TIME TELLER
Process deposits, transfers, withdrawals and other transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures; must be continuously beware of fraud loss and check cashing guidelines as well as all security and transaction documentation requirements. Also responsible for the security of assigned cash which must be maintained and balanced within established guidelines. Assist with selling of bank products to new and existing customers.
•Process all transactions within established policies and procedures to ensure operation excellence.
•Balances cash drawer according to bank procedures on a daily basis.
•Process cash advance transactions daily.
•Close out deposits made with MasterCard/Visa sales daily.
•Safeguard cash, confidential customer information, and bank assets.
•Identify cross-selling opportunities and refer sales to the appropriate departments.
•Cooperate with co-workers to complete assignments in a timely manner as needed.
•Process miscellaneous mail-in deposits, payroll rosters.
•Assist in commercial deposits as needed.
•Provides excellent customer service to all customers of the bank and assist with printouts, inquiries, check orders, and other directions as needed.
•Performs all other job duties as assigned by management.
•Abides by First-Lockhart National Bank policies and procedures, including dress code standards, safety guidelines, security procedures, etc.
Essential Job Qualifications
•Requires the ability to read, understand and write the English language.
•Requires the ability to speak and hear the English language.
•Requires the ability to perform arithmetical calculations in order to complete customer transactions.
•Requires the ability to use teller terminal, computers, printers, calculators, currency and coin equipment, fax machine, and copier to perform the job.
•Requires the ability to be mobile approximately 2 hours per workday.
•Requires the ability to stand 7 hours per workday.
•Requires the ability to bend/squat frequently in the scope of performing the job.
•Requires the ability to transport up to 25lbs of boxed coins.
•Requires sufficient visual acuity to perform the job.
•Requires the ability to use hands frequently for fine manipulation of equipment and materials such as keyboard, paper and currency.
•Requires the ability to possess mental demands, precisions and accuracy.
•Requires the ability to possess public relations and communication skills in dealing with Bank customers.
Education and Experience Qualifications
1. High School Diploma.
2. Related work experience or minimum 1 year cash handling experience.
3. Bilingual English and Spanish is a plus.
4. Good communication and customer relations skills.
Experience Required: 1-2 Years
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Part Time
Location: Kyle, Texas
LOAN OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Loan Department Supervisor is responsible for managing the Loan Servicing Department; ensures accurate and timely servicing of the Bank's loan portfolio; oversees the production of loan documentation relating to the opening, servicing and closing of all loans; ensures loans and agreements comply with state and federal laws, regulations and Bank lending policies and procedures; ensures department activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and supervision within the department; and provides a high level of customer relations and service. The position of Loan Department Supervisor performs direct supervisory duties of department staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the department, and is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of servicing loans., all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with all staff members.
- Monitors staff in loan documentation preparation and quality control; ensures the organization of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Performs callback of prior day's loan servicing activities.
- Implements costs controls for the department and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness; monitors compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and the Bank's lending policies and procedures.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assists Loan Officers, and other Bank personnel on department business to coordinate inter and intra-departmental activities; resolves inquiries or issues relating to loan documentation preparation matters; participates in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
- May perform all related Loan Servicing Specialist or other department personnel duties as required.
- Assists staff and management with utilizing computer facilities and resources; provides guidance on usage, resolves minor software inquiries or issues.
- Ensures accurate completion of related operational reports initiated by the Bank's data processor along with internal reports.
- Provides and/or receives information and discusses and/or resolves problems with outside legal counsel and other personnel.
- Services and maintains investor sold participations and ensures investors are provided reports in accordance with agreements.
- Services and maintains data on non-accrual and/or charged-off loans; makes loan grade changes as directed.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security precautions and protect customer loans, collateral, bank assets and staff.
- Balances lending-related general ledger accounts; processes block entries and miscellaneous corrections.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Provides supervision and support to all areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of assigned department personnel; opens and closes the department.
- Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations and quality control; ensures the organization of assigned areas of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Assists the CEO in implementing cost controls for the department and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank's goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one's own actions and conduct.
The position of Loan Department Supervisor performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Loan Department Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of six (6) or more employee(s), and normally carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to EEO guidelines.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university; or ten years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of an in-depth background in loan documentation preparation and proven supervisory skills. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible lending department operations, management and supervisory activities.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan products and processing.
- Advanced knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank operational policies and procedures, and the Bank's products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of title policies and related loan regulations such as RESPA, HMDA and other Bank lending policies on loans to directors.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for six (6) or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of human resource and labor laws and policies.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver's license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Experience Required:10+ years
Education Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Job Type: Employee/Manager
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Lockhart, Texas
The Personal Banker's primary goal is to help customers by discovering financial needs, helping with problem resolutions, and processing transactions when needed. The Personal Banker is responsible for performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. As a Personal Banker, you will also have the opportunity to assist our customers by handling teller transactions accurately and efficiently during peak service times. You will partner with the branch team and specialists (such as Loan Officers, Business Bankers, and Financial Advisers), to ensure our customers get access to experts who can help them with specialized financial needs.
DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explaining, promoting and selling all products and services to current and prospective customers.
- Effectively utilizing sales, customer profiling and customer service skills to make significant contributions towards meeting branch goals.
- Providing exceptional service that is consistent with or exceeds bank standards of excellence in customer service.
- Opening, maintaining and closing all types of transactions and deposit accounts.
- Facilitating the lending process with customers; documentation, interviewing and closing.
- Cross-selling all products associated with loan products, credit life and disability insurance and GAP coverage.
- Resolving customer issues in a timely, consistent and professional manner. Actively promoting and contributing to the achievement of branch organizational and developmental goals.
- Developing a well-rounded knowledge of all bank departments and knowing how and when to refer members to internal business partners.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred or High school degree/GED or foreign equivalent.
- Minimum one year retail sales or customer service experience - in person or over the phone required, or if college degree, then demonstrated leadership or goal achievement in related school activities or internships.
- Cash handling experience, preferred.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the customer.
- Excellent customer contact skills; comfortable asking questions/interviewing customers about their financial situation; strong listening skills.
- Understands how to present features, and benefits of products and services to customers with differing needs.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a team environment to service customers.
- Professional, thorough and organized; able to follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and accurately; explain concepts clearly to customers.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings.
Experience Required: 2-3 Years
Education Required: College Degree is preferred
Job Type: Employee
Job Status: Full Time
Location: Lockhart, Texas