Thank you for your interest in First-Lockhart National Bank. Please see the positions listed below.
Apply For a Job
- 800 W. FM 150, Kyle, TX 78640
- 1913 Dutton Drive Bldg 4 Ste 408, San Marcos, TX 78666
The Universal Banker plays a key role in providing retail banking services and products to customers. The Universal Banker is “First-Lockhart” to customers. In addition to performing a variety of tasks associated with transacting customer requests and verifying the completeness of banking transactions, the Universal Banker is in the position to develop new business opportunities with current and potential customers.
The Universal Banker will serve in a multi-purpose role which requires a candidate to fulfill responsibilities of both a Teller and a Relationship Banker.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve customers; walk-in and drive-in in a courteous and professional manner by processing a variety of transactions; deposits, withdrawals, checks, money orders, traveler’s checks; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transactions.
- Attract new customer relationships; retain and expand existing customer relationships; initiates referrals and cross-sell bank products and services.
- Advises and counsel new and existing customers on all bank products and services.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer daily.
- Open and process accounts, products, and/or services for customers after consulting with them on their specific needs. Assist customers whenever possible.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of products and present benefits by cross-selling to existing and new customers.
- Establish customer relationships, conduct telephone prospecting, outbound calls and outside of the bank prospecting.
- Solicits consumer loan applications, obtains appropriate documentation, follow up and close consumer loans accurately.
- Assist and /or support other branches when needed.
- Follow bank policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A high level of interpersonal and professional skills that represent the bank in a positive manner.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate customer records as well as organization skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships.
- The ability to identify the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
- The ability to handle customers and employees and their queries in a positive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- One to two years of cash handling experience preferred.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport, be friendly and personable and look for ways to benefit the customer.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a team environment to service customers.
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and accurately; explain concepts clearly to customers.
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings.
The foregoing list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not intended as an exclusive enumeration, those listed being for the purpose of illustration and not intended by way of limitation. Management reserves the right to revise the Job Description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change. (For Example: emergencies, change in personnel, workload or technical development.)